🌱 “Strong mayor” envisioned + High levels of red tide found
Hello, neighbors! Here is the Friday issue of the Sarasota Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly sunny and humid. High: 91 Low: 71.
Here are the best stories today in Sarasota:
- Looking for a fun way to celebrate halloween with the family? Check out these next Sarasota County Events. (Sarasota badge)
- High levels of red tide were found in Sarasota and Manatee Counties this week. Some dead fish were found at Nokomis Beach and Manasota Key Beach. (Sarasota Herald-Tribune)
- The Charter review committee discuss the possibility of changing Sarasota’s form of government. On the table is a “strong mayor” government structure. (YourObserver.com)
- Number of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Sarasota County and the state has dropped considerably and Sarasota Memorial Hospital almost returned to normal operations. (Sarasota Herald-Tribune)
- Sarasota County gets his first bilingual school, where students will learn English and Spanish. (WWSB)
Today’s Sarasota Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Sarasota!
- Sarasota County Government: âHere is today’s #SRQCounty COVID-19 map which includes the total number of cases reported in the last 14 days, shown by zip code and per percentage per capita in each zip code. To view the latest report, visit : https: // loom .ly / a4JJc … “(Facebook)
- Sarasota County Humanitarian Society: “ð¨Rocky Updateð¨ Paw Patrol: Office Edition Rocky takes his office duties seriously. His job description includes frolicking, sniffing other people’s lunches, barking for attention during meetings and melting everyone’s hearts that he … “(Facebook)
- New Florida College: “In the latest news … Kudos to Antonia Ginsberg-Klemmt, recently featured by the Tampa Bay Business Journal in their list of 25 entrepreneurs under 25. Her patent-pending invention is called GismoPower â a mobile solar device. foldable … “(Instagram)
- Florida Department of Health (DOH): âIt’s time to get vaccinated! Our mobile vaccination clinics make it quick and easy to get vaccinated. No appointment required! Check the schedule today to find a location near you! ” (Facebook)
- City of Sarasota, Government: “A special artistic collaboration between the Sarasota School Of Arts / Sciences and the Rosemary Art & Design District is now temporarily on display at the future Rosemary Park site. Middle school students have been invited to study the distinctive work …” (Facebook)
- Sarasota County Humanitarian Society: “âï¸CATS NEED YOUR HELP! âï¸ We desperately need cat litter and non-clumping kitten food. Please visit our Amazon Wish List to donate our most needed items: https: // amzn .to / 3j1PyHG. If you can’t donate, please suggest us … “(Facebook)
- Sarasota County Schools: âWhen you complete a free / discounted meal request, it does more than determine your eligibility for free or reduced school meals. Each completed request helps provide or justify funding that will support ALL STUDENTS in Sarasot … ” (Facebook)
- Sarasota County Government: The Sarasota County Penny Sales Tax, also known as the Surcharge or One Cent Tax, splits the revenue locally among the County, School District, Town of Longboat Key, and Towns of North Port, Sarasota and Venice, and provides funding for ro … “(Facebook)
- Playing in Sarasota County: âWhy are some historic places beautiful while others are frightening? One thing is certain, we will not slip into this courtyard at night. Find even more #spooky #localhistory images in the #SRQCountyHistory database: https: // voila … “(Facebook)
- Sarasota County Library Foundation: âHere is a simple but important way to support our library system. Sarasota County would like our feedback on how to spend the public money raised under the Penny Sales Tax (Surtax IV). ð¬ð®ð«ððð± ðð®ð§ðð¢ð§ð ðð§ð¬ … “(Facebook)
- Sarasota and Manatee Real Estate Association: âDon’t miss the Tanner’s Turkeys fundraising event on October 28 at Meadows Country Club, featuring live music, aperitifs, cash bar, silent auctions and a 50/50 raffle! $ 49 for the annual Tanner’s Turkeys e .. fundraiser. ” (Facebook)
- Sarasota County Election Supervisor: Voters in the City of Venice and the City of LBK: Postal ballots (absent) for the 11/2 election can be returned now by mail or to our offices in Venice (4000 Tamiami Trail S. ) or Sarasota (2001 Adams Lane). We must receive your ballot before 7:00 PM … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start this Friday on the right foot! See you tomorrow morning for your next update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Tiffany Razzano
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sarasota Daily? You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.